…or how to give Rolling Stones fans a night to remember
What’s the story
– The Rolling Stones have played some unforgettable shows in Brazil, their last being in 2006. Ten years later the band returned with performances in three Brazilian cities.
– Loyal fans were eager to get tickets, and the concerts sold out just hours after going on sale, leaving many disappointed.
– Gol Airlines, the official transport provider for the band during their Brazilian tour, wanted to draw attention to their sponsorship by giving the most passionate Rolling Stones enthusiasts the chance to win tickets.
“Many fans stayed up all night so as not to lose their spot”
– A virtual airplane was created to ‘take’ fans straight to the live shows. For a chance to win, fans had to check-in online for a seat and keep it until the end of the competition, which lasted four days.
– To keep a seat on the virtual airplane, fans had to correctly answer questions about the group. If they answered incorrectly or gave up, rival fans would have the opportunity to steal their spot on the plane.
– Those with seats at the end of the four day promotion won a pair of tickets to see the Stones live in concert.
– > 11M people impacted
– > 600,000 interactions
– Average fan dwell time on site of 9m 49s
– 354 loyal fans rewarded with tickets
Why we liked it
– Gol used a clever interactive platform that fit perfectly with the brand to successfully promote their sponsorship of The Rolling Stones.
– This competition-based campaign ensured that thousands of people experienced a prolonged and positive interaction with the Gol brand.